- Editor's Note (JMMS 1.1)
- Review of From Boys to Men: Spiritual Rites of Passage in an Indulgent Age (JMMS 1.1)
- Editor's Note (JMMS 1.2)
- Editor's Note (JMMS 2.1)
- Editor's Note (JMMS 2.2)
- Review of The Hidden Spirituality of Men: Ten Metaphors to Awaken the Sacred Masculine (JMMS 3.1)
- Editorial: Open Access Economics (JMMS 3.2)
- Both Remedy and Poison: Religious Men and the Future of Peace (JMMS 4.1)
- Review of The Good Men Project: Real Stories from the Front Lines of Modern Manhood (JMMS 4.1)
- Review of Men and Masculinities in Christianity and Judaism: A Critical Reader (JMMS 4.1)
- Editorial: Sex and Gender in Jung's The Red Book (JMMS 5.1)
- Editorial: The Boer's Nuts: Concerning the Testicular Logic of Peer Review (JMMS 5.2)
- Independent Open Access Book Publishing 101 (JMMS 6.1)
- Review of The Making of Manhood Among Swedish Missionaries in China and Mongolia, c.1890–c.1914 and Christian Masculinity: Men and Religion in Northern Europe in the 19th and 20th Centuries (JMMS 6.1)
- The Masculinity Conspiracy (Online book)
- Numen, Old Men: Contemporary Masculine Spiritualities and the Problem of Patriarchy
- 2012: Decoding the Counterculture Apocalypse
- The Best of Journal of Men, Masculinities and Spirituality
- “Australasia 2012.” In 2012: Decoding the Countercultural Apocalypse, edited by Joseph Gelfer. London: Equinox Publishing (2011).
- “A River Runs Through It: Queer Theory and Fatherhood.” In Papa, PhD: Essays on Fatherhood by Men in the Academy, edited by Mary Ruth Marotte and Paige Martin Reynolds. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press (2010).
- “Beyond a Sense of Place.” In Immigrant Academics and Cultural Challenges in a Global Environment, edited by Femi J. Kolapo. Youngstown, NY: Cambria Press, 2009, pp. 263-267.
- “That’s Not How We Do Things Here: American Men’s Ministries in an Australasian Context.” CrossCurrents 61, 4 (2011): 455-466.
- “Lohas and the Indigo Dollar: Growing the Spiritual Economy.” New Proposals: Journal of Marxism and Interdisciplinary Inquiry 4, 1 (2010): 48-60.
- “Evangelical and Catholic Masculinities in Two Fatherhood Ministries.” Feminist Theology 19, 1 (2010): 36-53.
- “Identifying the Catholic Men’s Movement.” Journal of Men’s Studies 16,1 (2008): 41-56.
- “Towards a Sacramental Understanding of Dextromethorphan.” Journal of Alternative Spiritualities and New Age Studies 3 (2007): 80-96.
Chapters in Books
Joseph is an Adjunct Research Associate at the School of Political and Social Inquiry, Monash University, Australia.